I found this recipe years ago. In my southern drawl that would be pronounced yeeeaaars ago. In others words, a long time ago. I haven’t cooked it in a while. I found it again the other day and My Man and Dillon loved it. Thought I would share it with you.
- 4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onions (unless you like more)
- 2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (31/2 oz) small package of pepperoni slices, halved (i always buy a big bag of large pepperoni. We like to snack on it. I just used half a bag and cut them into quarters.)
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 8 0z. shredded mozzarella cheese
- You can also add 1 (2 1/2 oz) can sliced ripe olives, drained and 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
How to Make
Ok I’m stopping directions here for a moment. See that stove hood?
Take a closer look at the corner. You would think after 20 years of cooking under it I would know it is there and not hit my head. Not me! Hit it again! OUCH!!
Back to cooking. Please don’t hit your head on your hood.
I served mine with a salad and french bread. And some good southern sweet tea! Enjoy.