Jesus shared many meals with his friends. Even when he was just around his closest friends they enjoyed fellowship with each other. I’m convinced that if he had lived here in the south they would have had many a fried chicken meal with all the fixin’s; mashed potatoes, fried okra, green beans and corn-on-the-cob with a tall glass of sweet tea. All topped off with apple pie!
I would have loved to have heard one of Jesus’ blessing over the food. It would have been said with such gratitude and love for His Father. I think it would have been sincere and from the heart, not the same words said at every meal that no one listened to.
I found this recipe somewhere on the World Wide Web. Can’t remember where though. My Man came into the kitchen and saw me with the camera. He laughed and asked if he and Dillon were gonna be guinea pigs. “Yes you are” was all I said. It turned out good!
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours or until chicken is done, turning chicken over after 45 minutes, and basting occasionally.
In a Nutshell
- Chicken pieces of your choice. Enough for your family
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
Putting It All Together
- Place chicken in a 13x 9x 2-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder and seasoned salt in bowl. Mix well.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 deg for 1-1/2 hours or until chicken is done, turning chicken over after 45 minutes, and basting occasionally.