It has been a while since I have redecorated any room in my house. I don’t mean just moving knick knacks around and rearranging furniture. I mean a whole redo. Painting walls. New bedding. A whole different look. I am in the mood!
And not just one room. I want to redo the entire house!
My Man is just loving this idea. (Said with total southern sarcasm.)
My problem is I just don’t know where to start.
Do I start with my boys bedroom?
Here is my inspiration.
Do I start with Kathy’s old room?
It’s also the inspiration for the master bedroom, which I am not going to show you because it is a mess!
Or do I start with the kids bathroom?
I love blue and white and those are the colors I want to use, but I also like the wall paper look (which I can totally cheat). I like the shutters on the window in the first picture.
Then I could always start in our master closet, which I am not going to show a before picture of for the same reason I won’t show the bedroom. Total mess! Here is what I want in there.
MM gave me one of his famous stares, with the raised eyebrow, when I showed him this picture. I would just be happy with the shelves at the top. Drawers at the bottom make it hard to hang dresses and pants. The shoe rack would only work for me. MM leaves his boots downstairs.
So, here’s what I’m thinking.
1) The bathroom is going to be a lot of work because I have to sand the cabinets.
2) The closet is going to be a lot of work for MM.
3) The boys’ room would be the easiest because they have moved all their stuff out and taken everything off the walls.
4) Kathy’s room, which is now the guest room, is pretty much ready to paint as well. Just a few things on the wall to take down. I know it is already blue, but the walls are really dirty.
5) I could always start with the hallway. I know exactly what I want to do.
6) My room has a lot of prep work to do. The ceiling needs to be fixed from a bad leak and one of the windows needs to be replaced.
7) Let’s not discuss the outside repairs we have to make soon.
8) Knowing me, I start off all gong-ho and then die after a short while. Probably better to start with what I want to do the least and save the easiest for when I’m not so gong-ho.
9) This is just the upstairs. I want to do the downstairs, too.
10) Probably the best place to start is prayer. I don’t think God cares which one I do first, as long as I work as if unto Him and give Him the glory for being able to do this and a huge thanks for all the inspiration I get from others. I can’t do anything without some kind of inspiration.
“Unless the Lord builds a house, its builders labor in vain.” Psalm 127:1
So, where would you start? Why would you start there? I can’t wait to hear your suggestions. Just leave them in the comments!
P.S. I am planning on posting all about the redos!