As I eat my pop-tart this morning, I am thinking about the other new year’s resolutions I have. You know them.
To lose weight.
I’ve had that for the past 17 years.
This one isn’t new either.
To get more organized.
To wash dishes every night and not leave them till the morning. Gross! I know!
That one lasted about a month last year.
So, why haven’t I been able to keep any of these?
Simple, I don’t put them in God’s hands and seek His will. I try to do them on my on. On my own, I can do nothing. And I do mean nothin’! (Say that in your head with a southern drawl.)
My devotional this morning was about being a good steward in the little things. God delights in the little things of our lives and wants me to be a good steward of all them. My body. My money. My daily chores. He can’t give me bigger responsibilities until I can manage the small ones.
So, starting January 7th, here’s what I feel God wants me to do.
- Go to bed earlier and get up earlier, both so I can spend more time in His word. (reading through the Bible this year and my quiet time.)
- Exercise more regularly. My Man even gave my some weights and an exercise ball for Christmas, because I had already had this resolution in my head.
- To wash the dishes at night, so I can blog first thing in the morning instead of at 10:34 like I am now.
- To be more intentional about cleaning out the house. My sewing room is getting organized on January 7th.
- To become a harder worker and stop wasting time. This one will be tough. I am one lazy person.
I think that is a good start. Maybe I’ll add a couple more on July 1st, when the year is half over. We’ll see.
So? What are your resolutions? Do you even make any? If not, let me challenge you to make just one. To grow closer to the Lord. Yesterday’s post can help you with that.
I’m looking for a good recipe to make and post. I haven’t done that in a while. I also have some decorating ideas in the works. I am ready to make some changes in my house. Pinterest has inspired me! And tomorrow I will introduce you to our new member of the family. Till then, stay warm!!!